[GNC-dev] Bug 796778 Feature Request Multiple Selection in Import- matcher

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Aug 12 11:13:04 EDT 2018

> On Aug 12, 2018, at 3:47 AM, David Cousens <davidcousens at bigpond.com> wrote:
>
>  I am assuming here that the python GTK
> implementation is an exact parallel of the C++ implementation. I would
> expect it to be pretty similar and possibly just the C++ code in Python
> wrappers.

David,

Gtk+ is written in C, not C++, and includes comment-based introspection. A separate project, gobject-introspection, generates an introspection library from the comments, and a third project, pygobject, converts the introspection library into python. The resulting python API exactly reflects the C one.

There is a separate project, gtkmm, that wraps Gtk+ in C++. It does not use gobject-introspection.

When using python documentation be sure that it’s not for PyGtk, an older non-gobject-introspection wrapper for Gtk+-2.0. That API didn’t exactly reflect the underlying one, and besides Gtk2 differs somewhat from Gtk3.

Regards,
John Ralls