[GNC-dev] gnucash-htdocs master: Fix a couple of links as reported by Stan Brown

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Aug 16 07:37:19 EDT 2018

Op vrijdag 10 augustus 2018 18:47:06 CEST schreef Geert Janssens:
> Op vrijdag 10 augustus 2018 17:09:58 CEST schreef John Ralls:
> > Sed will make short work of the global change on the website but we can’t
> > use it on Github releases; those would all have to be changed by hand.
> > Fortunately there are only 25-30 of them. I doubt that there are any
> > not-GnuCash bugs in the release announcements, at least from the 2.2 on.
> > In
> > order to appear in a release announcement a bug would have to have been
> > the
> > subject line of a commit note, and that’s unlikely to happen unless it’s a
> > GnuCash bug.

There was one mentioned in the known issues of the gnucash 3.1 release :)

> > All of which said, there’s a certain air of rewriting history to changing
> > all of the bug links to bugs.gnucash.org <http://bugs.gnucash.org/>. I see
> > no problem with changing the 3.2 announcement; in fact, I like that
> > because
> > it will keep me from screwing up the 3.3 announcement by copying the gnome
> > URL and forgetting to fix it. I can sort-of see changing 3.0 and 3.1 as
> > well. The further back in time the announcement the less sense it makes to
> > me to change. At some point it makes more sense to just remove the
> > announcements. The historical record of what happened when is preserved in
> > git history and in the ChangeLog files. I don’t see much benefit to
> > maintaining it all on the website as well.
>
> That's a reasonable approach IMO.
>
> Geert

... and that's what I have done: I have updated all bug references to
bugs.gnucash.org on the release announcements for gnucash 3.0-3.2.

I have spotted one gtk bug in there which I have left unchanged (that is I
didn't bother looking for the gitlab equivalent of this one but instead I kept
bugzilla.gnome.org as domain).

I have done this both on our website and on github.

Geert