[GNC-dev] Documentation Version Display

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 03:39:40 EDT 2018

On Sat, 25 Aug 2018 at 02:25, David T. via gnucash-devel
<gnucash-devel at gnucash.org> wrote:
> I imagine most people would search for “gnucash help” or “gnucash tutorial.”

Actually I think the search is very likely to be something like
gnucash how to reconcile account
which will take one straight into the middle of the tutorial, hence
the need for the version on each page.  I think new users may well
search for tutorial or help but once one gets going it is much more
likely to be a specific search, which may well be quicker than finding
the tutorial and looking for the right section.

Colin