[GNC-dev] Mac Installation

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Dec 4 23:49:13 EST 2018

There seems to be a rash of confusion with installing on MacOS suddenly. I’ve been lurking here for a few years and never noticed this before. Has this been a problem in the past?

I think I have a grasp on the general principle of how some other software "holds users’ hands” and guides them to drag the .app over an /Applications soft-link to ‘install’.

I understand the small pool of devs are busy with more pressing matters. If there are no objections, I don’t mind doing the homework digging up details to craft a similar .dmg Finder window for GnuCash. I’d of course use artwork from the website for branding consistency.

I’ll hazard the presumption based on my experience here that John Ralls is the packager for MacOS. Thoughts? Requirements?

I’ll also presume any such packaging changes need to be PR’d somewhere. Is this to maint? master? (sorry, need to brush up on the procedures and branches)

Regards,
Adrien