[GNC-dev] Translation

Christopher Lam christopher.lck at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 09:12:45 EST 2018

Reply for qu.2 below

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 at 11:16, Hamidreza Jafari <hamidrjafari at gmail.com>
wrote:

> 2 - There are some parts of the application which I find contrary to what
> is a
> major belief. That of interest. Can the application handle interest-free
> AKA
> zero interest loans and mortgages?

Of course GnuCash can handle them. Initial loan drawdown eg $100,000 on
1-1-1990, to be repaid in 100 monthly installments of $1000.

*Luckily I negotiated an interest-free loan.*
01/01/1990 Asset:Something +$100,000
01/01/1990 Liabilities:Loan -$100,000

*Every month for the next 100 months, I repay $1,000:*
01/02/1990 Asset:Bank -$1,000
01/02/1990 Liabilities:Loan +$1,000

01/03/1990 Asset:Bank -$1,000
01/03/1990 Liabilities:Loan +$1,000

etc...

and after 8 years or so of repayments, the Liabilities:Loan should reach
$0, debt repaid.
No interest payments are involved.

3 - How to acquire clarification on individual strings? Post to the mailing
> list per instance or is someone personally focusing on language issues?

IRC, gnucash-devel...

> Linux and open source conent has worked well for me. My decision makes a
> big
> difference. Its success was compelling enough so that I set some of my
> time
> and energy on doing this piece and at the same time think more about
> computing
> and all its potiential in a tiny globe.

Thank you for your efforts!