[GNC-dev] I'd like to contribute to the GnuCash project, starting with the documentation

Rob Laan rob.laan at chello.nl
Mon Dec 17 04:46:55 EST 2018

Hi,

I’d like to contribute to the GnuCash project, starting with the documentation. Is there someone coordinating the documentation effort?

My intention is to start with an update of chapter 18 Importing Business Data, of the Concepts en Tutorial Guide.

Some background on myself: I started using GnuCash just a few months ago, for some very simple accounting, so I’m definitely not an experienced GnuCash user. But I understand accounting quite well, and I have 15+ years of experience in implementation and maintenance of the financial and logistic modules of a large ERP system (SAP), doing business analysis, system configuration and documentation, development specification, testing and debugging, and user training. I.e. I know finance processes in IT systems. I am not a trained or experienced developer, but I can read an debug code.

I am using GnuCash 3.3. on OS X High Sierra. I have cloned the git repositories for the program and the documentation. I have compiled the program using Xcode as IDE, and I have compiled the documentation to html. I think I have read most of the stuff on ‘contributing to documentation’ on gnucash.org <http://gnucash.org/> and the wiki, and I did some self training on git and DocBook (which are new to me).

Regards,

Rob Laan