[GNC-dev] Make of 3.3-181

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 18:23:19 EST 2018

Am 24.12.18 um 22:10 schrieb John Ralls:

>> On Dec 24, 2018, at 9:44 AM, Frank H. Ellenberger <frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Am 24.12.18 um 18:30 schrieb John Ralls:
>>> Agreed in principle, but in this case ISTM it would make more sense to just remove them.
>>
>> Then all books based on SKR04 will crash. That was the reason, it became
>> default.
>
> Well, we have another long-standing action item to separate the account templates from the current locale selection. We'd need to bring txfde_DE.scm along with that.

Right, and like the account templates all locales should be build.

>>> de_DE.scm hasn’t been substantively maintained since it was first committed in 2005. taxtxf-de_DE.scm was last updated in 2011. The US versions get annual updates. Add to that that few if any users even have access to them because they require that the user build from source in the de_DE locale.
>>
>> The implemented part is for the monthly VAT declaration and the VAT rate
>> does not change so often.
>
> Since the TXF report is for exporting one's income tax information to US Income Tax software like Turbotax this seems a mis-application.

Why? The german government prefers from private and requires from
business users to use its interface ElStEr. Both groups have to file at
the end of the year the income statement, most business users also the
VAT statement, special branches also other taxes. Like Taxbird for the
US there are third party tools for DE. The difference might be the
monthly predeclaration and payment of VAT. But because this is the most
annoying part, it was implemented first.

> Regards,
> John Ralls

Regards
Frank