Building unstable on Mac

R. Victor Klassen rvklassen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 08:55:27 EST 2018

Broke in pango - errors below:

[Is there a file or other accessible reference that I can look into to get some idea of what fraction of the way through I am?]

*** Configuring pango *** [17/65]
autoreconf -fi
acinclude.m4:68: warning: the serial number must appear before any macro definition
libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in '.'.
libtoolize: copying file './ltmain.sh'
libtoolize: Consider adding 'AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIRS([m4])' to configure.ac,
libtoolize: and rerunning libtoolize and aclocal.
libtoolize: Consider adding '-I m4' to ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS in Makefile.am.
acinclude.m4:68: warning: the serial number must appear before any macro definition
configure.ac:115: installing './compile'
configure.ac:52: installing './missing'
gtk-doc.make:7: error: GTK_DOC_USE_LIBTOOL does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
docs/Makefile.am:101:   'gtk-doc.make' included from here
gtk-doc.make:60: error: GTK_DOC_BUILD_HTML does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
docs/Makefile.am:101:   'gtk-doc.make' included from here
gtk-doc.make:65: error: GTK_DOC_BUILD_PDF does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
docs/Makefile.am:101:   'gtk-doc.make' included from here
gtk-doc.make:74: error: ENABLE_GTK_DOC does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
docs/Makefile.am:101:   'gtk-doc.make' included from here
gtk-doc.make:280: error: HAVE_GTK_DOC does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
docs/Makefile.am:101:   'gtk-doc.make' included from here
docs/Makefile.am:142: error: ENABLE_GTK_DOC does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
docs/Makefile.am:54: warning: 'INCLUDES' is the old name for 'AM_CPPFLAGS' (or '*_CPPFLAGS')
examples/Makefile.am:6: warning: 'INCLUDES' is the old name for 'AM_CPPFLAGS' (or '*_CPPFLAGS')
examples/Makefile.am: installing './depcomp'
pango-view/Makefile.am:30: warning: 'INCLUDES' is the old name for 'AM_CPPFLAGS' (or '*_CPPFLAGS')
pango/Makefile.am:16: warning: 'INCLUDES' is the old name for 'AM_CPPFLAGS' (or '*_CPPFLAGS')
pango/mini-fribidi/Makefile.am:3: warning: 'INCLUDES' is the old name for 'AM_CPPFLAGS' (or '*_CPPFLAGS')
tools/Makefile.am:3: warning: 'INCLUDES' is the old name for 'AM_CPPFLAGS' (or '*_CPPFLAGS')
win32/Makefile-newvs.am:23: warning: MSVC_TOOLSET was already defined in condition TRUE, which includes condition MSVC_NO_TOOLSET_SET ...
win32/vs15/Makefile.am:30:   'win32/Makefile-newvs.am' included from here
win32/vs15/Makefile.am:28: ... 'MSVC_TOOLSET' previously defined here
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1
*** Error during phase configure of pango: ########## Error running autoreconf -fi *** [17/65]

  [1] Rerun phase configure
  [2] Ignore error and continue to build
  [3] Give up on module
  [4] Start shell
  [5] Reload configuration
  [6] Go to phase "wipe directory and start over"
  [7] Go to phase "clean"
  [8] Go to phase "distclean"
choice: