Scope of GNUCash

Matt Graham matt_graham2001 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 12 20:42:13 EST 2018

>IIRC the discussion at the time was about whether gnc should or could be  used for trading.  the result was "no"

A couple of times I have noticed that people have said "That's not what GNUCash is for". It begs the question - where is it defined what GNUCash is and isn't for? The charter for GNUCash doesn't seem to ever been formalised.

Is it intended that people should establish a complementary but separate project for functionality they want, but is not included in GNUCash scope?

Thanks and regards,
Matt