price.date, transaction.post_date and neutral time

Sébastien de Menten sdementen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 13:12:30 EST 2018

r/2012/2018/ (it was a typo)
My point is that a price entered via the price editor (manually) is handled
differently than a price generated via a transaction and may be (haven't
tested) different than a price downloaded via the Finance:Quote module.
And indeed, as the time component is meaningless (yet different in function
on the price creation method), it shouldn't be stored OR, if for legacy
reason it should be kept, it could at least be stored consistently (across
price creation method) using for instance the "neutral time" approach used
for the post_date.
If not, any extract of price data (direct SQL, XML, piecash, ...) is
complex to use.