Scope of GNUCash

Wm wm_o_o_o at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 16 09:59:53 EST 2018

On 14/02/2018 15:29, Mike or Penny Novack wrote:
> On 2/13/2018 9:49 PM, Wm via gnucash-devel wrote:
>
>> Why are you blaming the workers rather than the employers?
>>
>> Why do you think a piece of software can help if you are shitting on
>> your employees?
>>
>> Mike, is this what you expected as a response?  Adrien appears to be a
>> person that trusts no-one.
>>
>> Welcome to the tacky politics of Trumpian merka :(
>
> Absolutely not, it is your response I find surprising. Problems do not
> arise just because employers are sh*tting on employees << this is NOT to
> say that some employers don't do exactly that >>
>
> However an auditor should NOT approve use of a system without the sort
> of controls we are talking about, limiting access to those who have
> need, etc. One of the organizations where I am on committees, etc. (and
> have been on the board, and in the aftermath aiding the new treasurer
> recover) was hit by embezzlement by an office manager, from which a
> decade later we have not fully recovered in the financial sense*.
> Trusted with access to which she should not have been trusted.

Yikes, OK.  I was yelling a bit because you come across as a bit too
pure at times.

Other people that have read your rationales and pronouncements over time
will know what I mean.

Everything was perfect when you were in charge, remember?

> * We agreed to a plea bargain "no jail" in exchange for repayment of
> what she stole (working over time) as if in jail we wouldn't have gotten
> even THAT back. But what she directly stole was only about half the
> damage as payments that should have  been made to governmental bodies
> weren't  and though those bodies  agreed to waive penalties still had to
> pay the interest on the amounts owed as well as the amounts. The bank
> involved agreed to lend us the money no interest for a number of years,
> but still had to be paid back. The total we had to make up close to a
> year's budget!

:(

We had a case like that (I was observing rather than involved) a year or
two ago.

--
Wm