Docs build failure

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Feb 16 17:34:52 EST 2018

Op vrijdag 16 februari 2018 17:56:12 CET schreef Derek Atkins:
> Hi,
>
> I finally fixed the docs build to properly build doxygen.cfg now that
> the Makefile.am is gone in master, but then last night (the first run
> since I made the fix) I get this error:
>
> warning: tag INCLUDE_PATH: include path
> `${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/libgnucash/engine/' does not exist
> warning: tag INPUT: input source `${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/libgnucash' does not
> exist warning: tag INPUT: input source `${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/gnucash' does
> not exist warning: tag INPUT: input source `${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/common'
> does not exist warning: tag INPUT: input source
> `${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/bindings' does not exist warning: tag INPUT: input
> source
> `${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/libgnucash/engine/' does not exist
>
> Looking more closely, it looks like the version variable was changed
> from @-VERSION-@ to @VERSION@, but it also looks like doxygen.cfg uses
> CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR, but I don't see any way to set that:
>
> # grep -i CMAKE doxygen.cfg.in
> INPUT                  = ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/libgnucash \
>                          ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/gnucash \
>                          ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/common \
>                          ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/bindings \
>                          ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/libgnucash/engine/
> INCLUDE_PATH           = ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/libgnucash/engine/
> #
>
> So what's the "correct" way to do this now?  I suppose I can just change
> my sed command from s:@-top_srcdir-@:${top_srcdir}:g to
> s:\${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}:${top_srcdir}:g
>
> I just need to determine how to properly quote it..
>
> Were these changes necessary?

I think @CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR@ would have worked just fine as well. cmake's
configure_file command works with both formats. I don't know why John chose
the shell-like variable notation.

But yes, the changes were necessary to get configure_file to work. It would
not work with the @-...-@ notation.

You can probably use
sed -es/'${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}'/${top_srcdir}/g

The single quotes around ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR} will prevent bash from expanding
it on the spot. bash will still remove them so sed will see
-es/${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/<bash-expanded-value-of-${top_srcdir}>/g

Geert