Invoice/Bill structure

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Jan 11 13:18:12 EST 2018

Op donderdag 11 januari 2018 18:55:46 CET schreef R. Victor Klassen:
> I’ve been poking around in the SQL for invoices/bills, and
>
> Inquiring mind(s) wish to know:
>
> Why, in an “Entry” is there both an invoice (text) and a bill (text) field,
> only one of which is ever used, and i_price_num/denom and b_price_num/denom
> fields, only one (pair) of which is ever used, based on the value of the
> parent invoice’s owner_type field?

They can be used in both an invoice and a bill simultaneously.

In a bill you can mark items as invoiceable, which means you can later mark
them on a bill as invoiced. For this to work you have to
1. specify a "Chargeback" customer when creating the bill
2. mark the entries as billable (last column in the bill entry window)

Then when you create your next invoice for the chargeback customer, the
billable lines will appear in the entry window, and you can select which ones
to add to the bill.

The scope of this functionality is fairly limited as you can have only one
chargeback customer per bill.

Regards,

Geert