"What's New" for 3.0

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Jan 22 10:35:06 EST 2018

David,

A reminder of what we (I think it was a collaboration between Cristian Marchi and Christian Stimming) did last time: https://www.gnucash.org/2.6-release-tour.phtml <https://www.gnucash.org/2.6-release-tour.phtml>.

As a stand-alone page IMO it can stay up forever; it becomes part of history along with the release notices that included a link to it.

We might consider a block/banner of some sort on the home page announcing the new major version with a pointer to the “what’s new” page. *That* should get removed after 6 months (2 minor releases) or so.

Regards,
John Ralls