[GNC-dev] Removing gncmod-python.c in commit 4ecd9c2dd41ae75ec4e82a662a241543fc075c01

David Osguthorpe david.osguthorpe at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 12:11:45 EDT 2018

Hi,

Would a patch to restore gncmod-python.c be accepted for inclusion.

I have been using this to load a python subsystem into gnucash for a
number of years.

I know it cant be restored as was but I have a small patch to it which
removes the calls to the init of the _sw_core_utils and _sw_app_utils
modules in the code (which dont appear to be used directly in
gncmod-python.c). This means gncmod-python.dylib simply links to
gnc-core-utils and no need for gnc-core-utils-python
gncmod-app-utils-python.

With this patch - and some python 3 fixups to init.py the init.py has
no errors on loading.

Note that gncmod-python.c was only place the init.py script was used.

Thanks

David Osguthorpe