[GNC-dev] [GNC] GnuCash 3.2 Released

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Jul 10 22:49:37 EDT 2018

> On Jul 10, 2018, at 6:45 PM, Wm <wm_o_o_o at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
> On 29/06/2018 08:43, Geert Janssens wrote:
>> Op donderdag 28 juni 2018 22:11:49 CEST schreef Dennis West:
>>> I'm sure you like to get feedback from someone with absolutely no
>>> problems at all.
>>>
>>> I was using 2.6.21 on my primary computer and testing 3.1/3.2 on my
>>> standby testbed (both on Win 10.1803).  I finally decided to take the
>>> plunge and upgraded my primary computer form 2.6.21 to 3.2.  The
>>> experience was flawless and now my testbed pc is eagerly awaiting vs 4.0.
>
> But approximately a decade away for v4 so maybe get some new kit before 2030 for your testbed :)

Our old cycle was 4 years and we’re contemplating shrinking this one. We’ve also changed the versioning so that 4.0 will be the next “major” release sometime between 2020 and 2022.

>> That's nice to hear :)
>
> Aside: is there a reason why version changes aren't on (or easily found from) the front page  of gnucash.org? they used to be there.

David T. thought that it made the front page too busy and moved it to https://www.gnucash.org/news.phtml <https://www.gnucash.org/news.phtml>.

Regards,
John Ralls