[GNC-dev] gnucash 3.2 build failure

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Jul 16 15:25:39 EDT 2018

Please remember to copy the list on all replies.

It looks like Graham Menhennitt might be on the right track. What did you set CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to in your cmake invocation?

Regards,
John Ralls

> On Jul 16, 2018, at 12:13 PM, Carol & David Weiner <cdweiner at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> John,
>
> Thanks for your response.  I agree with you that this is 'seriously
> strange'; but, that is what I usually think when I don't yet understand
> why something is happening.
>
> As you suggested, I deleted everything, including the expanded tar
> file, and reran the build up to 'sudo make install VERBOSE=1'.  I got
> about 2k lines of output that looked very normal, except for the last
> few lines which I have included below:
>
> -- Installing:
> /home/david/gnc_build/share/locale/mai/LC_MESSAGES/gnucash.mo
> -- Installing:
> /home/david/gnc_build/share/locale/mni/LC_MESSAGES/gnucash.mo
> -- Up-to-date: /home/david/gnc_build/share/locale/mni at bengali/LC_MESSAG
> ES/gnucash.mo
> -- Installing:
> /home/david/gnc_build/share/gnucash/scm/gnucash/unittest-support.scm
> CMake Error at libgnucash/app-utils/cmake_install.cmake:42 (file):
>   file INSTALL cannot find
>   "/home/david/gnc_build/lib/gnucash/libgncmod-app-utils.so".
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>   libgnucash/cmake_install.cmake:37 (include)
>   cmake_install.cmake:83 (include)
>

> Makefile:61: recipe for target 'install' failed
> make: *** [install] Error 1
>
> This is the only place where the library libgncmod-app-utils.so is
> mentioned in the output.  I still have no idea where the problem is!
> But, I am willing to try almost anything to track the problem down.
>
> David
>

> On Sun, 2018-07-15 at 19:36 -0700, John Ralls wrote:
>>> On Jul 15, 2018, at 3:05 PM, Carol & David Weiner <cdweiner at comcast
>>> .net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Trying to build gnucash 3.2 from a tar file on a Debian Stretch
>>> system.  CMAKE and MAKE run to completion just fine.  If I look at
>>> /build_directory/lib/gnucash/ I see a number of libraries including
>>> libgncmod-app-utils.so.  If I run 'sudo make install' it fails
>>> because
>>> libgncmod-app-utils.so is not found.  Sure enough this library is
>>> no
>>> longer in /build_directory/lib/gnucash/ after the make install
>>> command
>>> completes.  The error occurs at line 42 of the cmake_install.cmake