[GNC-dev] Fwd: The two modules

Christopher Lam christopher.lck at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 00:06:50 EDT 2018

Thanks; this is from an old version of eguile balsheet which is already
obsolete in 3.X onwards, and I know it'll be more difficult to fix as time
goes by. There are already changes from timepair to time64, compulsory CSS,
removal of slots access... There is no active eguile maintainer anymore,
and I really cannot understand eguile.

Would you be kind to comment upon the HTML output (File > Export > Export
Report) of the standard (non-eguile) balsheet, with desired amendments? I
can try to amend with backward compatibility.

For bonus points, if you have a sample datafile with accounts and
transactions that highlight the various functionality of balsheet (e.g.
income/expense, equity, any foreign currency conversions or stock purchases
- I'm sure the wife will have them in her textbooks) I'm sure I can fix the
standard balsheet to her standards!

So, wishlist:

   - datafile with example transactions
   - current html report of standard balsheet
   - annotated ideal report produced by standard balsheet :)

Let's keep this discussion public for external input too.

Regards