[GNC-dev] Transaction / Split Action List

Paul Dest paul.dest at web.de
Sun Jun 24 00:30:00 EDT 2018

My 2 cents from from the user perspective:
Being able to put user-defined strings into a record field is of very
limited value if you are not able to search/find/analyze this data.

That's why, as I recently had built a GnuCash with my own split action
list for myself, I additionally extended the transaction report to
filter for specific split action values.

(Still on my to-do-list: extending wiki with the description how to
create lists of user defined strings, bind them to arbitrary key strokes
or to a GUI menu in order to insert them into arbitrary input fields in
arbitrary applications, e.g. in the split action field of GnuCash.)

Best regards,
Paul