[GNC-dev] Minor coding style discussion: C++ and comments

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 03:15:55 EDT 2018

On 23 June 2018 at 23:49, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.fremont.ca.us> wrote:
> For the record, I don’t care as long as all comments in a file use the same style and a single commit is used to convert the comments in a particular file and that commit has no other changes.

I cannot see the point in wasting time changing the format in existing
code. When it comes to understanding existing code, the comment format
will make no difference to any developer sufficiently experienced to
understand code as complex as gnucash.  In addition there is always
the slight possibility of accidentally changing code so possibly
introducing bugs.  Surely there are more important things to do.

Colin