[GNC-dev] BZ: Migration Status (2018-06-15) -- Final Testing

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jun 26 09:31:20 EDT 2018

John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> writes:

> ISTR talking about this on IRC a couple of weeks ago. The times in the import
> data are getting treated as the wrong TZ by the import. Based on the shift I’d
> guess that they’re UTC in the data but the import program is treating them as
> local, i.e. -0400.

This is indeed what happened.  There were two issues:

1) The parse_date function would fall through to "local time" if the tz
offset was '0'

2) My import scripts were never calling the parse_date function!

> As long as the events are all in the same order it doesn’t really matter at
> exactly what time an event happened. The only risk is that an event on
> bugzila.gnome.org entered right before the final dump will be briefly in the
> future on bugs.gnucash.org and so an event on the same bug entered on
> bugs.gnucash.org might get out-of-order.

True..  But I'd rather the data be correct.

It's fixed now.