Windows Build

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon Mar 5 12:41:38 EST 2018

Op maandag 5 maart 2018 12:10:48 CET schreef Robert Fewell:
> Geert,
>
> I have successfully built a 2.7.5 version locally with these changes...
>
> Added the following to gnome/CMakeLists.txt at line 178 but I think this
> may need to go in the jhbuildrc.in file
> GETTEXTDATADIR=/mingw32/share/gettext

Yes, I figured jhbuildrc.in would be a good candidate. I'm playing with
manipulating XDG_DATA_DIRS rather than GETTEXTDATADIR now for the same effect.
It should be more useful as there's more in /mingw32/share than gettext data.

Also, I have generalized it a bit to work for both 32 as 64 bit builds.

> Added the following to gnucash-mingw64.iss at line 120
> Source: "@MINGW_DIR@\bin\libboost_date_time-mt.dll"; DestDir: "{app}\bin";
> Components: main

Ok. I didn't understand your first mail correctly. Your fix makes sense now.

> Whilst poking around yesterday I also created copies of
> gettext/its/appdata.its/loc as it appeared to me the loc file was doing
> file matching but the match pattern was *.appdata.xml and not *.
> appdata.xml.in
> but this may not be required, need to delete these extra files and try
> another rebuild.

This is probably not required. gettext tools will remove any .in extension
before determining the file type. It's like that on linux as well and it works
fine there.

> Have you run the *setup-ming64-ps1 *file, I did last month and as reported
> made some changes which effected the build, namely I think cmake was
> updated to 10 which meant the FindSWIG patch would not apply so maybe there
> were other changes that affected gettext ?

I didn't run setup-mingw64.ps1 and that was an important clue. Indeed it looks
like FindGettext.cmake has been updated to take an optional .exe into account.

The FindSWIG patch won't apply because it tries to look for a file in
cmake-3.9 while the files are now in cmake-3.10. I'm holding off on adjusting
the patch because it appears you didn't need it any more.

Waiting for the build to finish (once more).

Geert