Feedback about 2.7.8

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 08:48:49 EDT 2018

> On Mar 29, 2018, at 3:00 AM, Alen Siljak <alen.siljak at gmx.com> wrote:
>

> To answer a part of Adrien's question - see the gtk overview (https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/chap-css-overview.html), the first code entry, example 7. It sets the font to Comic Sans and paints it pink.
> I've created the gtk-3.0.css file in C:\Users\siljak\AppData\Roaming\GnuCash, added the example 7:
>
> button, entry {
>  color: #ff00ea;
>  font: 12px "Comic Sans";
> }
>
> and the entries in the account list header and footer became pink. The font setting did not work but at least there are some signs of life! :)
>
> Cheers

Thanks Alen,

I linked that page myself in response to the OP looking for CSS help. I think the GTK Inspector will be a big help, especially if it is interactive.

My initial suspicion (as with all things CSS and before further investigation into the button widget) is that another CSS rule is overriding your font choice—or maybe GTK doesn’t like Comic Sans :)

Note that the above link you provided on gnome.org mentions that each rule is applied to a node in the widget’s tree. It’s possible there is a child node something like [button > label] which has a font rule that is more specific than simply [button].

Regards,
Adrien