[GNC-dev] Unknown Compressor error on startup

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 03:50:49 EDT 2018

Hello,

I am using GC 2.6.19 on Mac OS X 10.13.4.

In an effort to test the effect of some commands I put into ~/Library/Application Support/Gnucash/config.user, I opened GC from a terminal window. Interestingly, when I did so, I received the following errors in the terminal window:

/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:50: Error: unsupported compressor 8
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist'
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:50: Error: unsupported compressor 8
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library/AppExceptions.bundle/Exceptions.plist’

Googling the first error turns up a number of sites where other applications under OSX report the same error, as well as one on Apple’s discussion site: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8159669 <https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8159669>

I am insufficiently skilled to be able to determine whether this is applicable to GnuCash or whether it’s a problem that needs fixing.

Cheers,
David