[GNC-dev] Bugzilla Keywords -- keep or drop (and which ones)?

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Mon May 14 09:47:00 EDT 2018

Hi All,

I hit another snag in working on the BZ migration --  we need to
"predefine" any keywords we wish to use.  I can try to determine which
ones we DO use (so far I've seen "documentation"), but I figured I would
put this out there first to decide how we want to handle them.

First, keywords need to be predefined in the BZ instance.  So unlike
product categories, which get built based on the bugs being imported, I
have to know a priori all the keywords that our bugs will use.

Second, to create a keyword I need the keyword itself and a description.

The good news is that you can get a list of keywords (and their
descriptions) from gnome bugzilla without be logged in:
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/describekeywords.cgi

The bad news is that I think I need to install them (manually) every time
I blow away the database.  I can probably script this, somewhat.

So my question to the devs:  which keywords do we want to keep?  Should I
just copy them all (for now) and prune after I import?  Should I figure
out which ones we need?  Should I ignore keywords completely?

How do you all feel?

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745