[GNC-dev] Bugzilla Migration Status -- phase 2 -- please test

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue May 15 16:52:54 EDT 2018

> On May 15, 2018, at 11:35 AM, Derek Atkins <derek at ihtfp.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, May 15, 2018 1:09 pm, John Ralls wrote:
>>

>>> On May 15, 2018, at 8:03 AM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
>>>
>>> Browse is broken, searching by component returns “zarro” even if there
>>> are bugs with that category.
>>
>> I figured out what's wrong with "browse": It creates a search that sets
>> Resolution = "---". Editing the search and removing that criterion shows
>> the component bugs.
>
> I can probably change the default.  Looks like Gnome's default is unset,
> so I removed the "resolution=---" part of the URL and added in some
> default status settings (NEW and UNCONFIRMED for now)
>
>> The status field is also different from Gnome's so it's not possible to
>> search for bugs in "ASSIGNED", "REOPENED", or "NEEDINFO".
>
> Indeed.  Looks like the status categories are different.  We have:
>  NEW, UNCONFIRMED, CONFIRMED, IN_PROGRESS, RESOLVED, VERIFIED
> Gnome has:
>  UNCONFIRMED, NEW, ASSIGNED, REOPENED, NEEDINFO, RESOLVED, VERIFIED
>
> Resolutions are also different.  WE currently have:
>  INCOMPLETE, NOTABUG, OBSOLETE, ---, FIXED, INVALID, WONTFIX, DUPLICATE,
> WORKSFORME
> Gnome has:
>  ---, FIXED, WONTFIX, DUPLICATE, NOTABUG, NOTGNOME, INCOMPLETE, INVALID,
> GNOME1.x, MOVED, OBSOLETE, NOTXIMIAN
>
> We will have to figure out the various status and workflow settings we want.

UNCONFIRMED is turned off in https://bugzilla.gnome.org/editproducts.cgi?action=edit&product=GnuCash. I'd leave it that way, we don't really have time to mess with confirming new bugs. Otherwise I'm reasonably content with the status values in Gnome.

For resolutions I propose FIXED, WONTFIX, DUPLICATE, NOTABUG, NOTGNUCASH, INCOMPLETE, INVALID, and OBSOLETE for now. We might consider adding "SUPPORT" as in the reporter was really asking how to do something instead of reporting a real problem.

>> Interestingly the "Browse" link in the header on Gnome is (nicely IMO)
>> customized to put up https://bugzilla.gnome.org/page.cgi?id=browse.html
>> instead of
>> https://bugzilla.gnucash.org/bugzilla/describecomponents.cgi?product=GnuCash.
>
> I have not found a parameter to set this.  I wonder if this is in a
> template somewhere?  And if so, I wonder if it's different in a different
> localization.  For example, does Frank see BZ in German?  Or is it in
> English for everyone?
>
>> Gnome's BZ also has a custom "My Bugs" link at the left end of the footer
>> that produces another custom page
>> https://bugzilla.gnome.org/page.cgi?id=describeuser.html. The one at the
>> right end runs a search just like the one on bugzilla.gnucash.org.
>
> Hmm.  I do not see a My Bugs link on the footer of my Gnome BZ page
> (although I do see it on our BZ instance).  When logged in to Gnome my
> footer says:
>
> Gnucash Bugs | My GC Bugs
> Bugs I watch with patches | Bugs I've touched in the last two weeks

You probably have them turned off in https://bugzilla.gnome.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=saved-searches.

Regards,
John Ralls