[GNC-dev] Register text selection

Robert Fewell 14ubobit at gmail.com
Mon May 21 07:08:05 EDT 2018

I have been looking at getting the middle mouse button to work for pasting
selected text and whilst trying to do that started to wonder about the
existing preselected text.

Currently...
If you open a register, the blank transaction date text is preselected.
If you start Gnucash with saved open registers, the last register in the
list to load has the blank date text preselected, this may not be the
current open register.

If you navigate by keyboard, the next field text is preselected and the
cursor set to the end of text.
If you navigate by mouse, the text is not selected and the cursor is the
mouse position.
If you update a transaction in one register and have the other
corresponding register open, the text where the cursor is will get
selected. (I think this is an easy fix).

I am just wondering if we should be doing this preselected text at all ?

Some might say it is a good indication of where the focus is, only with
keyboard navigation, but one could simply add something like this to your
css file which would also work for mouse navigation...

cursor entry {
  background-color: pink;
}

So just asking the question.