[GNC-dev] BZ: Comments

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Wed May 23 15:52:21 EDT 2018

On Wed, May 23, 2018 12:51 pm, Adrien Monteleone wrote:

> If creating a product for ‘Website’ would a ‘Wiki’, ‘Mailman’ and and dare
> I say, ’GnuCash-Bugzilla’ products section also be in order? (the last
> being not for the software, but for the GnuCash instance of it)

I don't think so.

The Web Site product is there because we have an htdocs git repo that
people can send patches against.  Similarly Documentation.  So those make
sense.

The Wiki content can be updated by anyone; I don't see the point of a
bugzilla product for it.  Similarly, Mailman and Bugzilla are standalone
instances -- we're not doing any coding there -- and I'm the only one who
can perform major surgery (although we will have a few "admin" users too).

FWIW, after over a decade I can count on one finger the number of bug
reports I've received about Mailman.  As for the wiki, generally Frank
suggests changes and I go implement them.

Enjoy!

> Regards,
> Adrien

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745