[GNC-dev] BZ: Comments

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Wed May 23 16:01:52 EDT 2018

On Wed, May 23, 2018 10:42 am, Geert Janssens wrote:
> Op woensdag 23 mei 2018 16:00:57 CEST schreef John Ralls:
>>
>> I think that it’s premature to break up GnuCash. That will only confuse
>> users. +1 for separating Docs, Website, and Packaging, i.e.
>> gnucash-on-(windows|osx).
>
> Agreed and I like Packaging as name.

So just to be clear, the hierarchy would be:

Product: Documentation
  Components:
      Help
      Guide

Product: Website
  Components:
      Website
      Translations

Product: Packaging
  Components:
       Windows
       MacOS
???

Or are you suggesting separate products for each?

Note: I added Website:Translations above, although I don't think there are
any bugs there -- and even if there were I don't know how to
programatically pull them out -- which means I probably cannot
programatically create it, either.

Similarly, I'm not sure how I would separate out Help and Guide
documentation bugs, but I can probably search through the bug comments and
make an educated heuristic guess.  But we'd need to manually check.

In terms of versions and milestones -- those get built from the bugs
themselves.  So I could theoretically edit them if we knew how we wanted
to map them in the final migration.

> Geert

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745