[GNC-dev] Wiki:Dependencies

Wm wm_o_o_o at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 2 14:21:14 EDT 2018

On 28/10/2018 09:27, David T. via gnucash-devel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The wiki page on dependencies (https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Dependencies <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Dependencies>) includes a table that covers dependencies up until version 2.4.0. Does anyone on the devel list have a more up-to-date listing that could be inserted there?

Apart from the fact that if you follow the MS model you can't do
reliable backups and no meta data is guaranteed to be anywhere expected?

Why are some dependencies more important than others?

If a math dependency breaks at least the all of the numbers go obviously
wrong.

If a meta location dependency goes wrong we don't find out until someone
loses some data.

Where is the value?

--
Wm