[GNC-dev] [GNC] mysql backend, second user (lock, for example)

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.fremont.ca.us
Mon Nov 5 17:08:03 EST 2018

> On Nov 6, 2018, at 6:18 AM, craigarno <craig at arno.com> wrote:
>
> Isn't SQLite for "single" application use?  Or are you thinking GnuCash will
> be operating "peer-to-peer" (even more interesting thought for tiny
> organizations)?
>
> Maybe conditional code with SQLite being a third database type.

To answer Phil’s original question, no, libdbi doesn’t support triggers.

I’m not at all fond of libdbi and I’d like to switch to a better abstraction library. The last time I looked ODB (https://www.codesynthesis.com/products/odb/ <https://www.codesynthesis.com/products/odb/>) appeared to be the most capable and I think that it does support triggers.

Regards,
John Ralls