[GNC-dev] Error in payment processing since version 3

Jeroen Dörr jwdorr at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 5 19:32:06 EDT 2018

Hello,

I'm new here, so please instruct me how to proceed if I'm wrong.

I noticed following:

  * In version 2.6.19 and earlier I was able to process payments against
    created invoices.
  * Since version 3.1.2( first version I used) I can't process anymore
    because now Gnu-Cash is searching on orders instead of customer and
    doesn't find ANY match.
  * Also matches that were already successfully done that I try to edit
    will fail now.
  * I installed latest release (3.3) last weekend but with same result.

See example below (Language is Dutch)

Customer name should show up, but instead the order connected to the
customer is searched.

Translation of error: You have no valid account. Create an account of
type "" before you proceed with the payment. Maybe you want to create an
AP or AR Invoice first?

  * The invoices are available. In version 3 Gnu-Cash can't find them
    anymore. When I switch back to my latest version 2.6.19, it works again.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Jeroen Dörr