[GNC-dev] Logging Information in the Wiki

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Tue Sep 4 08:24:06 EDT 2018

John Geert,

I was going for the breakouts to make more detail about  the log-levels and
log-domains available while not making the current page  too large or not
easily readable. I have added breakout pages from links from log-domain and
log-level where they are first mentioned in the text on the logging page. if
you have time you might check that i haven't blundered too badly in my
understanding of the logging implementation. Thanks for fixing the API link.
My bad on the /.gnucash - I did realize it was a hidden directory, just
stuffed it up while editing it. I'll work around the updated locations and
put a link to the Configuration locations page itself from the logging page.
The Logging API page covers a fair bit of what I had in the
 log level breakout more completely so I will remove it. The breakout for
the log-domains I produced does have some  infomation not in the Logging API
page which might be useful to incorporate.

I can add a section to the wiki logging page on using the command line to
configure debugging. I found that more useful than modifying
~/.gnucash/log.conf as modifying log.conf affected  a production version of
Gnuccash I use for accounting as well as a development build I was debugging

David

-----
David Cousens
--