[GNC-dev] Long Term Documentation Directions

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Mon Sep 10 07:30:20 EDT 2018

Thanks Geert

My apologies to David T if I misunderstood the intention re a single
document. A single document with separate sections may help to reduce
duplication, but that mainly requires editorial effort no matter whether it
is a single document or not. it would certainly help with searches.   I also
agree that there is a lot of duplication in the two manuals.

One problem I see for Unix is that at present there doesn't appear to be a
help viewer in Unix that has support for context level help. Doc books can
obviously support defining links that can be accessed from help buttons or a
key based popup help but as far as I could see yelp has no mechanism for
linking to them.

David

-----
David Cousens