[GNC-dev] Long Term Documentation Directions

Mechtilde ooo at mechtilde.de
Wed Sep 12 11:10:36 EDT 2018

Hello,
sorry I send the E-Mail not to the list.

Am 12.09.18 um 12:59 schrieb David Cousens:
> Mechtilde,
>
> I wasn't suggesting we use google translate at all where there is a human translator available and willing, but in some
> languages it may be difficult to get a translator, even though there may be users. I admit German would be problematical
> because of the compound word structure and some of the differences in sentence structure from English so google
> translate might not do too good a job there. There are also  usually many differences between formal language and the
> more colloquial usage. I wasn't really thinking of something complex like the Tutorial and Concepts guide but more the
> single line descrition of buttons etc in the interface.

It is more complicate to translate a "single line description" or a
button in an interface than a log description of a function.

The different between an American accounting and a German accounting is
more than a translation of words or sentence. You have to look how is
the naming in the different culture of doing accounting.

E.g "bill" and "invoices" is named "Rechnung" and visa verse "Expense"
is named "Audgabe" or "Aufwand" which are two different things in German
accounting.

This is important for Business accounting.

Kind regards
Mechtilde

--
Mechtilde Stehmann