[GNC-dev] Git Questions With Documentation

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Sat Sep 15 23:58:30 EDT 2018

David,

I am not sure what is the best way to work on the new documentation with
you.  One way fo doing it would be for me to fork your personal  repository
into mine. I can then add the changes into your bug branch, push them to my
PR and then create a pull request to your PR to pull the changes into that
branch on your PR.

We don't want any changes going back to the main Gnucash repository until
they are completed and approved When that is the case I think it should be
possible for a single pull request from your PR into the main Github
repository to pull all changes through.

Perhaps Geert or John can advise whether this is a sensible way to proceed.

A lot of things will have to be synchronized when the new Guide document is
complete (changes to  links  and sections on website, in the wiki describing
the structure of the help manual and the guide, FAQs referencing it etc) and
moved into the main documentation.

If evryone is happy happy with this  I will set it up on my end incorporate
what I have done so far and  perhaps adjust it to be a bit more consistent
with the style and start sneding the changes through to you.

David Cousens

-----
David Cousens
--