[GNC-dev] Gnome HIG

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sun Sep 16 12:46:21 EDT 2018

Op vrijdag 14 september 2018 21:37:58 CEST schreef Adrien Monteleone:
> Since John indicated there is not an effort to adhere to the current Gnome
> HIG, that statement should probably be removed. (as they don’t conform any
> longer)
>
> But there are a few places where I think they can be simplified,
> particularly some items in the Actions menu should probably be moved to
> Tools.

Adrien,

There are certainly lots of improvements to make in user experience. And I
welcome improvements in that area in any case. We may not be gnome oriented in
the long term, but for now we're still using their toolkit (gtk), so I'm not
*against* making Gnome HIG inspired improvements either.

In all the Gnome's HIG recommendations are fairly generic and while reading
them I felt most of them are fairly universal. So even if we consider
switching gui toolkit in the future several of these general principles will
stand.

Which menu items would you move and why ?

Geert