[GNC-dev] ImpEx Sample files

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 11:46:43 EDT 2018

Am 18.09.18 um 15:00 schrieb David Cousens:
> One problem I will have is getting sample files for the MT940, MT942 and DTAUS formats so I can run through the
> interfaces. I have a friend who was a manager with Deutsche Bank a few years ago but Klaus is now working for another
> company in Melbourne.
>
> If you know where I can find any sample files I would appreciate getting hold of them.  It would be good to have a
> collection of  sample files for testing Gnucash in any case as part of the program. No problem for the internal ones
> that Gnucash can export.

In theory we keep a set of sample files in
https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/tree/maint/doc/examples and might add
the missing there, if we get them, too.

MTxxx formats
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SWIFT_message_types
are defined by SWIFT
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Society_for_Worldwide_Interbank_Financial_Telecommunication

There is Transition in progess from ISO 7775 over ISO 15022 to ISO 20022
The genaral standard
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_15022
has in 2 flavours:
traditional line oriented MT-formats (message types)
and modern UNIFI (ISO 20022) xml files aka MX-format
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_20022
Often the german wiki page has more details like field descritions. But
I didn't see nice example files.

DTA
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datentr%C3%A4geraustauschverfahren
Was introduced by the german bank association ZKA
- today: https://die-dk.de/en/ -
in 1976 for magnetic tapes, later floppies, ...
2016-02-01 it was officially abandoned and replaced by
B2B:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_Banking_Internet_Communication_Standard,
else: the above-mentioned ISO20022 (XML-Format).

While the wikipedia page describes the structure IMHO there is no need
to document a abandoned format.

So, if you think we should add example files we should ask on
gnucash-user and gnucash-de.

> Best wishes
> David (Cousens)

~Frank