[GNC-dev] Wiki Building Instructions Reorganization

davidcousens49 at gmail.com davidcousens49 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 18:10:16 EDT 2018

>"What do you mean with "features type marketing" ?"
Geert

What I was getting at was that a comprehensive list of distributions that GnuCash runs on
was more relevant to users making a decision to use it, hence the marketing (I didn't intend in the commercial sense
though). I don't feel that its really necessary
to cover every Linux version in the build instructions but perhaps more usefulto illustrate examples from  distributions
pehaps where there may be more significant differences (I also don't know a lot about the different variants and we
probably have to rely on our user base to provide information there).

The key bit of information is that you need to install specific tools and libraries/headers and you will use some sort
of package manager to do that.

The user should from that be able to research what they need to use for their particular distribution if it is not one
we specifically mention.

Will ignore calmares. I'll check the comments out on the page.

Thanks

David