[GNC-dev] [GNC] Recording dividend payoffs

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Apr 16 15:02:47 EDT 2019

Frank,

I think that the glossary entry is only partly right. "Retained Earnings" certainly can be an account, but it's also a concept: It's the collected profits of the company over time that haven't been distributed to the owners.

Earnings before stuff lines are non-GAAP values that publicly-traded companies use in their pro-forma reports to shareholders to make it look like they made a bigger profit than they did. GnuCash isn't for publicly traded companies so we don't need to bother with that noise.

Regards,
John Ralls