[GNC-dev] How to contribute to GnuCash?

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Apr 26 12:33:53 EDT 2019

Hi,

An iOS companion app would be great.

The android app took the approach of reimplementing all the business logic
required to read (and write?) a gnucash data file rather than using the
gnucash engine code.

I can understand why as the engine code is currently difficult to port to
different platforms. It is one of our goals to make this easier, but there's
still a lot of work ahead to get to that state.

If you feel like joining that effort it would be very welcome as a portable
engine would greatly benefit gnucash and all derived apps on all platforms
(including the android app and a future ios app).

Don't feel obliged of course. I did want to bring it up anyway so you know
this goal exists and may be useful for your app in the future.

Regards,

geert