[GNC-dev] Cleanup of .gitignore list

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Apr 26 13:43:31 EDT 2019

Hi,

I have just removed a number of files from our .gitignore list. These files
were all artifacts of our old autotools based build system. We no longer have
that build system in our source code, so none of these artifacts should still
pop up.

However if you are working from a source directory already existed in the 2.6
era, some of these files may still be around. And when you pull in my changes
these files may suddenly appear in the untracked files list of a "git status"
command. If they do, please remove them from your source directory to avoid
accidentally committing them in a future commit.

This is the list of files I'm talking about:
.autotools
.deps
.libs
COPYING
INSTALL
aclocal.m4
autom4te.cache
compile
config.guess
config.h.in
config.log
config.status
config.sub
configure
depcomp
install-sh
intltool-extract
intltool-extract.in
intltool-merge
intltool-merge.in
intltool-update
intltool-update.in
libtool
ltmain.sh
macros/intltool.m4
macros/libtool.m4
macros/ltmain.sh
macros/ltoptions.m4
macros/ltsugar.m4
macros/ltversion.m4
macros/lt~obsolete.m4
make-gnucash-potfiles
missing
mkinstalldirs
po/.intltool-merge-cache
po/Makefile.in.in
po/stamp-it
gnucash/gnucash-ddd
gnucash/gnucash-env
gnucash/gnucash-gdb
gnucash/gnucash-launcher
gnucash/gnucash-make-guids
gnucash/gnucash-setup-env
stamp-h1

Finally, I'm working from memory and testing in my own source trees. I may
have missed a corner case where the current build system still produces one of
these files. In that case, we may have to add it again in .gitignore. Please
let me know when you have files that keep on re-appearing in your untracked
files list.

Regards,

Geert