[GNC-dev] Import Main Matcher

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Tue Aug 13 21:25:39 EDT 2019

At present the transaction importing documentation in the Help manual has no
full description of how the import main matcher goes about the process of
searching for and matching an imported transaction to an existing
transaction or how it assigns a transfer account using the original mapping
process or the more recent Bayesian approach.

I am in the process of going through the code at present for my own
edification and could create an expanded description of these processes in
their current state either for inclusion in the Help manual or  as a Wiki
page. My concern is that a detailed explanantion in the importing
transaction section of the help manual may make that section too long
winded. If that is not a significant issue, that would be my personal
preference.

Does anyone have any strong preferences as to which is the better option ?

David Cousens

-----
David Cousens
--