[GNC-dev] Import Main Matcher

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 23:06:40 EDT 2019

Dear Davids,

Am Do., 15. Aug. 2019 um 03:07 Uhr schrieb David Cousens
<davidcousens at bigpond.com>:

> David,
>
> I also agree that the guide is the most logical place to place most of the
> detail for the Importing operations.
> However the same information is currently largely duplicated in the
> transaction operations section of the help manual including some recent
> updates re the importer and matcher. This may have resulted from the
> rearrangement you had in progress. I have recently updated some information
> in the Help manual section not realizing the same section was also in the
> guide.
>
> I would propose that we delete the section on importing in the help manual
> transaction operations and simply replace it with a cross reference to the
> Ch3 section on importing data in the guide and consolidate the current
> information into the guide there.  If everyone is happy with that I can
> start that process.
>
> David Cousens

IMHO the question is:

What would you expect to see, if you press on [Help] in any dialog?

That parts obvisious belong in Help, the rest can go to Guide.
So your tabel about the import matcher states was long missing in Help.

OTOH
Sections about "How to migrate between Q* and GC",
"Tips to import bank statements",
"How to split a years book" for whatever purpose...
could fill the data exchange chapter of the Guide.

Regards
Frank