[GNC-dev] Building on Windows

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Aug 27 07:52:16 EDT 2019

Thanks for the suggestion. However the goal is not only to get a linux GnuCash
running on Windows. We already do better than that so it would be a step back
to what we do now.
The goal is to make it easy to develop GnuCash *natively* on Windows ("as easy
as on linux") to make it more attractive for native Windows developers to join
the effort. Having a native Windows developer go through the hoops of MingW/
MSYS or even docker with linux is to high a barrier. Those are not the tools
of choice for a Windows developer. Visual Studio is the environment of choice,
or the lighter VS Code at a stretch. Want Windows developers to be interested
? Make sure they can continue to use their tools.

Regards,

Geert

Op dinsdag 27 augustus 2019 12:58:47 CEST schreef Dale Phurrough via gnucash-
devel: