[GNC-dev] GnuCash 4 Minimum Versions (was: Building on Windows)

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Aug 27 14:17:46 EDT 2019

Is the goal to support what you reasonably can, or to limit support to the OS vendor’s lifecycle?

If the latter, El Capitan is already n-3 and out of support. This fall, Catalina will be released and leave High Sierra (10.13) as the oldest Apple supported release.

MS has 6-month builds (in March & September) that they support for 18 months. (September builds for 30 months for Enterprise & Education —unlikely GnuCash use cases) While GnuCash may continue to run on older builds and the end user manage to forgo upgrading Win10, more than likely Windows devs working on GnuCash would be using a currently supported release unless there was a conscious decision to hold back.

Regards,
Adrien