[GNC-dev] Normalizing live data, a suggestion for discussion

Wm wm_o_o_o at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 2 04:19:02 EST 2019

On 02/02/2019 00:16, David Cousens wrote:

> As well as the account names you might also want to munge data in the
> description/memo fields. This can contain identifying information for
> customers/vendors.

How about we just zap the stuff in description/memo fields by default?
They're not mathematically significant and rarely cause double entry
problems unless someone introduces unusual UI stuff in which case they
should be able to provide an example.

> Also possible any data relating to the owner of the file
> which is stored in the file/database.

Does your file/database have an obvious owner?  Mine doesn't apart from
the name of the file which is the first and obvious thing to change
before you send it off for someone else to look at.

If you mean bits of text in reports they wouldn't be included in an
SQLite file.

If you mean bits of text in outbound documents I think we've already
zapped them.

Have I missed your point?

Always possible, don't be put off by my rough and tumble impression of
the idiot Trump, I do actually care.

> The combination of the above would
> probably be considered commercially sensitive information and at a personal
> level what banks/service companies etc you deal with might be a possible
> problem if it is in the public domain.

Ummm, that isn't really our problem, David.  If you subscribe to the
"I'm an American and the government supports me" foolishness I'm
wondering why the fuck any of you voted for the imbecile in charge at
the moment!

Any banking account details have already been removed.

Next?

--
Wm