[GNC-dev] Normalizing live data

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat Feb 2 10:30:30 EST 2019

Op zaterdag 2 februari 2019 14:31:43 CET schreef Hendrik Boom:
> > On 2/1/19 5:36 AM, Wm via gnucash-devel wrote:
> > > [2] as long as the transaction stream balances the actual numbers
> > > don't matter (their will be occasions where the numbers are important
> > > but these tend to be number extremes related to commodities rather
> > > than anyone using gnc to do a Mr Putin vs Mr Trump sports bet).? In
> > > most cases multiplying any matching numbers by the same semi-random
> > > should produce a good file for examination so long as it is done
> > > consistently [4]
>
> If the numbers in the file are integers times some account or
> currency-dependent unit, then just clculationg the greatest common
> divisor of all the obfuscated numbers will give a good guess as to the
> semirandom multiplier.

Do you think that still is possible if a different random number was used for
each transaction ? (That's how I understood Wm's suggestion)

Each transaction will have it's own random number. So for transaction A all
splits may have been multiplied with 450, for Transaction B all numbers may
have been multiplied by 500.

Regards,

Geert