[GNC-dev] Further feedback

Stephen M. Butler kg7je at arrl.net
Sun Feb 10 13:04:43 EST 2019

On 2/10/19 9:48 AM, John Ralls wrote:

>> On Feb 10, 2019, at 9:16 AM, Stephen M. Butler <kg7je at arrl.net> wrote:
>>
>> On 2/8/19 8:05 PM, Christopher Lam wrote:
>>> Well I've been schooled.
>>>
>> Mea Culpa.
>>
>> This morning the in-house accountant gave me another lecture.  Seems
>> I've been using the term 'Journal Voucher' to be equivalent of GnC's
>> Transaction.  Just learned that JV is only for adjusting entries (such
>> as end-of-year cleanup, depreciation, etc) and the others are called
>> 'Transaction' .  Could not obtain a name for the individual lines -- so
>> we'll use the GnC name of Split.
>>
>> I should have been more technically precise in my terminology.
>>
>>> Please refresh and try again.
>>>
>> I have your branch off in its own work area.  git pull complained that I
>> needed to specify the branch.  So ended up doing a git fetch -all.
>> However, git describe seems to give me the same 3.4-85-g1dbec8566
>> identifier as before.
>>
>> How do I get a list of your branches so I can checkout the correct one?
> git branch -r
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

Thanks John.  One of these days I may become git literate!

Wow, Chris does have a lot of branches!  [So does Origin]  I think I
remembered the correct one and did:

git checkout chris/maint-bugfixes-reconciling
M    po/POTFILES.in
Warning: you are leaving 13 commits behind, not connected to
any of your branches:

  1dbec8566 [reconcile-report] improve headers WIP
  a0271dce4 [reconcile-report] spin off reconcile-report
  cb725259f [Account.cpp] new function xaccAccountRetReconcileLastDate
  56e941c14 [transaction] allow 'unreconciled-and-cleared filter
 ... and 9 more.

If you want to keep them by creating a new branch, this may be a good time
to do so with:

 git branch <new-branch-name> 1dbec8566

HEAD is now at 1884da7ca [reconcile-report] reconcile-report now
suitable post-reconciliation

git describe
3.4-86-g1884da7ca

I'll build this and report back.