[GNC-dev] Further feedback

Christopher Lam christopher.lck at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 20:58:00 EST 2019

Hi

It does seem that the account balances in the header are now exactly as the
accountant suggests, except for cosmetic changes.

I'd still state that the current iteration of reconcile report, summarising
the recently reconciled transactions, and the effect they had on the
balances, required some hacking: I selected the recently reconciled txns
via (1) finding acc last-reconcile-date, transforming it to absolute time
00:01am, (2) finding every split whose reconcile-date is after it, or is
not yet reconciled. Immediately post reconciliation there shouldn't be any
cleared transactions because these would be marked reconciled.

Conceptually if the report was meant to be generated immediately before
reconciliation is finalised, ie before the account last-reconcile-date is
set, before the split reconciliation status changes from c to y, the exact
same report *can* be generated, and will be *much* simpler to code because
it uses the underlying status codes.

If the formal reconciliation tool were to link to the reconciliation
report, generating it immediately before finalisation, it would be a much
easier process, IMHO. But I'd defer this to the popular vote.